Thursday 10 October 2013

It's the final countdown! Do do dooO do!

 So I have had a wonderful email saying that yes, my Pokemon X and Pokemon Y games have been dispatched. I will hopefully playing them tomorrow!

 So this is the first time that the pokemon adventure will be taking place in a region called Kalos. Kalos is closely based on France, and at the centre of the region is a city which has an "Effiel Tower" like building at it's centre.

 At the moment we only know a handful of new pokemon (although, I'm sure the whole list is out, as the game has been unofficially released in some countries.) Out of the ones we do know about, the most important pokemon of all. Will be.... Who are you starting with!

 You'll always get the option to choose one of three pokemon. You can pick the Grass type, Chespin. Who looks like a cross between a gopher, and a chesnut. The Water Type, Froakie....who's a frog... or the Fire Type, Fennewin....I mean Fennekin. Who's a Fox, and will be my starter of choice!

 In past games I tend to favor Grass types, but Foxes are awesome.

 Usually I'd try and guess my team out before hand, but there is honestly so many good looking pokemon this time around with amazing type combinations like Steel/Ghost, Grass/Ghost, Fighting/Flying, Dark/Psychic, Rock/Dragon. To one's that look fantastic, but with nothing else special going for them. So I will be testing out pokemon as I go, and seeing what fits my game style.

 Other new stuff that is interesting this time around, is the new Fairy type pokemon. Which a few pokemon are reclassed too, and brings a whole new stone to the Rock, Paper, Scissors concept.

 And the introduction to the idea of Mega Pokemon, which is basically a battle use only evolution in which the pokemon will evolve mid-match, and then go back to normal afterwards.

 I will try and document some of my game here, and give updates in to what I think of the game, and how well I'm doing.

 So until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment