Monday 14 July 2014

Heart Under Blade.

  So I've wanted to talk about a hobby that I've been interested in for a while (No, not video games. I've done quite a few of them already.) I'm writing about the Martial Art that I practice. Bujinkan Ninjutsu.

  Now, first things first. This is my own opinion of what training, Martial Arts, and Bujinkan means to me. I see too many Martial Artists get so obsessed with trying to put down other Martial Arts, and Glorify their own. Every Martial Art has it's good points, great points, bad point, strengths, and weaknesses. Anyone who thinks otherwise has very clouded judgement.

  However, I think nearly every Martial Artist would agree that doing Martial Arts is very beneficial for you. There is a Martial Art out there for everyone, and while Violence is never always the solution (if you disagree with that then try slapping a mosquito that's landed on your genital and see if you think violence is good for everything.), Martial Arts is a great way to exercise, teach focus, and make a person more positive about themselves. As well as other great side effects.

Anyway, why I chose Bujinkan as my martial arts of choice is quite a simple one. I wanted to learn how to use weapons. Yup, something as child-ish as that. I tried Karate for a while when I was younger, but when I found out that "Karate" meant "Open Hand". I found it pretty boring. (Sorry, Karate people)

Since training however I have found something much more than "learning how to use weapons", I've made great friends, gotten a little fitter, learnt some great self defense (and weapon work), even helped myself become more confident.

Some of my achievements have been....Going to Japan and getting lessons from the high level masters, and the Grand Master, getting my Black Belt (currently 3rd Dan. Just one more level to go, until I have to go to Japan to get higher!), and.... of course.....met some great people. Don't always see them all the time, but they're still great.

To that's what it is to me, my Martial Arts has become like a second family. I love the Art, and I love the people. (Don't tell any of them that, else I will find you....and kill you. ;) ) And I will be doing this until they nail the coffin lid shut on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment